Ever since arriving here in Bordeaux the SIPs (Small Independent Producers) of Bordeaux have been my life and my love. But time is not on their side.
My goal is to promote these passionate people with their authentic wines that are such good value and taste fresh and thatI believe makeup the fabric of Bordeaux wine region
Here is my story and philosophy going back the 30 years since arriving in Bordeaux from England in a 2CV car.
Jolene from KnowWines interviewed me recently to find out more about what has helped to mould my views on Bordeaux over the years here.
In Episode 002 of Bordeaux Buzz, we talk with Nicolle Croft, entrepreneur, author (Bordeaux Sip by Sip wine guide book), teacher, wine producer, and wine and food tour guide. Nicolle offers an overview of Bordeaux’s small, independent wine producers (SIPs).
In addition to learning more about these family-run “SIPs,” we discuss:
- Nicolle’s career and how she arrived in Bordeaux.
- Innovation in Bordeaux.
- Challenges Facing small, independent wine producers.
- Wine sales in the time of COVID-19.
- History and trends in conventional, organic, and biodynamic grape growing.
- How we might return to the simple love of wine in light of recent news stories exposing how some have abused power in the world of wine.